[Pdl-porters] CHM/PDL-2.007_07.tar.gz released to CPAN
Chris Marshall
2015-01-06 12:11:52 UTC
Basically the same release but this time with the extra files generated to
give better docs display on metacpan.org and search.cpan.org. As this is
the first implementation, feedback and suggestions/patches welcome. Two
items:

* kmx is looking for thoughts on the sub name 'pdlpp_genpm()' ...

The thing is that at some time in the future we might want to generate not
*.pm but *.pod files into GENERATED subdir therefore "pm" part of the name
might become misleading.

pdlpp_gen
pdlpp_generated
pdlpp_gendir
pdlpp_dist
pdlpp_mkdist
?

* I think PDL-2.008 might be a good time to bump the minimum PDL supported
version of perl to 5.10.x

Enjoy,
Chris

Release Notes for PDL 2.007_07 --------------------------
| BE WARNED: This release includes an update to the internal, |
| C-level PDL API for PDL versions 2.006 and earlier. This |
| will require that you re-build any PP or XS modules. Do not |
| upgrade or install over an existing PDL installation unless |
| you are prepared to do so!!! |
* Counting down to a PDL-2.008 release this January 2015
* Another quick CPAN developers release
- It is a snapshot of the current git development tree
and everything may not work correctly or have complete
documentation.
- These release notes may not be fully complete. Please
see Changes (from the git log) for full details.
- All tests may not pass, especially ones corresponding
to issues in Known_problems.
- Manual build/install is recommended although the
cpan shell may be used by specifying the distribution
cpan> get CHM/PDL-2.007_07.tar.gz
cpan> make CHM/PDL-2.007_07.tar.gz
cpan> test CHM/PDL-2.007_07.tar.gz
cpan> look CHM/PDL-2.007_07.tar.gz
* This release includes the new pre-generated pm/pod to
clean up the docs available on-line on metacpan.org and
search.cpan.org.
* Bug fix in t/vsearch.t to support perl 5.12 and earlier.
PDL currently supports perl 5.8.x and later.
kmx
2015-02-09 08:37:30 UTC
Post by Chris Marshall
* kmx is looking for thoughts on the sub name 'pdlpp_genpm()' ...
The thing is that at some time in the future we might want to generate
not *.pm but *.pod files into GENERATED subdir therefore "pm" part of the
name might become misleading.
pdlpp_gen
pdlpp_generated
pdlpp_gendir
pdlpp_dist
pdlpp_mkdist
?
I am going to change the name from pdlpp_genpm() >> pdlpp_mkgen()

--
kmx