[Pdl-porters] 2.007_11 or 2.008?
kmx
2015-02-05 21:50:33 UTC
Chris,

do you plan one more dev release (2.007_11) or do you consider current
master ready for 2.008?

I have couple of ideas/improvements concerning ext. libs detection but as
we are close to the release I am trying to avoid huge changes to the
git/master. Therefore IMO it would be nice to have 2.008 released.

kmx
Chris Marshall
2015-02-05 22:39:36 UTC
The two main things needed before the release is to fix outstanding
bugs and feature request tickets from sf.net:

https://sourceforge.net/p/pdl/bugs/
https://sourceforge.net/p/pdl/feature-requests/

and then to shake out the release via CPAN testers and travis-ci
to verify that it passes tests at least on par with the CPAN testers
performance of the last stable release: PDL-2.007 with almost
99% pass reports.

Come the end of February, I plan feature freeze and final checkout
of release candidates---and update the Known_problems file with
the remaining bugs and issues.

I'll be sending out more specific email later this week but if any
PDL user/developers have open tickets/bugs, please determine
and update the current status so that we know which items still
need fixing and which are done, just not checked off.

@kmx: Still another couple of weeks to fix, keep at it...

--Chris