unknown
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC

--089e013cc236ede09804fb7fd4b1
I wanted to bring your attention to a number of items tied<br>
into PDL3 development/plans (at least mine) that could be<br>
of interest to you and might be an opportunity for some<br>
synergy with Prima.<br>
* David has been working on TinyCC based JIT compiling<br>
  with his C::Blocks development.  This would allow for<br>
  runtime compilation of PDL+C code.<br>
* My current thoughts for the PDL3 kernel is that it would<br>
  be lightweight, support modern perl OO similar to Moose<br>
  and perl5-mop ideas, *and* be symmetrically usable from<br>
  C and from Perl (this is where the JIT really helps!).<br>
* I think it is important that the PDL3 kernel be C-based<br>
  for portability and compatibility across platforms, libraries,<br>
  compilers...  With C++ you lose that.<br>
* Going with C I&#39;ve come across a number of techniques<br>
  for implementation:<br>
    code generator from a specification language)<br>
    compiler based on the Gnome Object system)<br>
    Prima (I finally was able to work through the internals<br>
    API and saw that it is very similar to the above and it<br>
    support symmetrically access to methods from either<br>
    C or perl layers)<br>
*